Coding isn't just for math and science anymore. Coding and robotics can be used across a multitude of disciplines in ways that might surprise you! Catch up on our webinar series with Eduscape about using coding and robotics across curriculum:
Coding Across Curriculum
As we reflect on the past year and prepare for the next, we are asking ourselves the question: How can we design and deliver more engaging learning experiences for students? In this webinar, we will unpack what skills are developed by students learning to code as well as how any teacher can integrate coding into their curriculum. Through an analysis of computational thinking and coding, we will discuss how to support student social-emotional wellbeing, resiliency, and problem-solving skills. Join us to learn more about coding and how it is relevant to your students’ learning, as well as walk away with some examples to adapt to your classroom.
- Identify how coding and computational thinking skills are essential to critical thinking and problem-based learning.
- Explore how coding can be used to teach students across early education, science, language arts and even introduce artificial intelligence and sustainable energy principles
- Discuss how coding can be integrated into any classroom and core content area
STEM Made Simple
The world is rapidly changing as a result of technological advancements and its impact is pervasive. With these shifts, learners of all ages need to develop the skills necessary to survive and thrive in the 21st century. The STEM approach combines problem-based learning, inquiry-based learning, and the design process along with science, technology, engineering, and math. Together, these components provide educators with an approach to developing crucial skills in their learners such as problem-solving skills and computational thinking. In this webinar, learn more about the STEM Made Simple ProgramⓇ and how it prepares educators to rethink learning. Explore how this professional development program utilizes STEM practices to create rigorous and meaningful educational experiences for learners of all ages and abilities.
- Learn more about the STEM Made Simple professional development program.
- Identify how the STEM Made Simple program prepares participants to incorporate STEM principles into any content area.
- Discuss the benefits and impact of STEM instruction on student growth.
Engaging SPED Learners Through Coding and Robotics
Some can experience difficulties in traditional school settings. In school, children learn how to interact with their peers, make friends, collaborate with others, and solve problems. These are vital components of living a meaningful life. Today’s technology, particularly robot-assisted instruction, can set a new educational standard. One that is more inclusive, and can help students wherever they are in their learning journey. Using robotic technology, children can learn life skills and apply them to more natural, organic situations. Students can learn while also being engaged in exciting activities and social experiences that enrich their minds. Practitioners can personalize each individual student's needs with an affordable and flexible robotics solution for students with special needs of any age.
- Explore the benefits of coding with the Photon robot with students that have special needs
- Discover how to engage students in hands-on activities that allow them to express themselves through coding in ways that could not have been previously imagined
- Learn how Photon can support joint attention, fine motor control, visual and ocular motor skills
- Identify the ways in which Photon can support social-emotional skills through co-regulation and identification of sounds and picture icons to assist with zones of regulation
Interested in Learning More?
Trafera and Eduscape are committed to working with schools to ensure powerful technology integration in the classroom through world-class professional development.
Get in touch today with Education Initiative Specialist, Anna Hanrahan, to learn more about how your school can support its educators and wow its students with professional development.